What To Do During A Dental Emergency | Best Dentist in Circle Pines MN
While it’s not very common, every so often there are dental emergencies and sometimes it’s hard to know what to do in those situations. If you find yourself having a dental emergency, here’s what you should know about dental emergencies, what to do if you find yourself in that situation, and how to prevent potential dental emergencies: Best Dentist in Circle Pines MN
Best Dentist in Circle Pines MN | What To Do During A Dental Emergency
There are various kinds of dental emergencies that can happen and various steps you should take depending on your dental emergency. If you’re ever unsure of what to do during a dental emergency, you should always try calling your local dentist in Circle Pines MN at Birch Lake Dental immediately. Here are some things you should do in the event of an emergency:
- For major toothaches you should rinse your mouth with warm water to clean it out and gently floss to get any food out of your teeth
- If you knock out a full adult tooth, you must keep the tooth moist at all times and go see your local Circle Pines dentist at Birch Lake Dental immediately
- For a cracked or broken tooth, rinse your mouth with warm water and put an ice pack on your face to reduce any swelling
- For tongue or lip injuries, clean thoroughly and then place a cold compress on the affected areas
For all major dental emergencies, especially oral injuries or oral infections, you should make an appointment immediately with your local dentists in Circle Pines MN at Birch Lake Dental.
Best Dentist in Circle Pines MN | How To Prevent Potential Dental Emergencies
Dental emergencies are usually caused due to accidents, many of which are easily preventable. In order to take precautions, here are some things you can do to reduce the risk of having a dental emergency:
- Never use your teeth to cut or open anything
- Avoid chewing hard substances such as ice, hard candy, popcorn kernels, and so on, all of which could potentially crack or break a tooth
- Wear a mouth guard when doing recreational or contact spots
For more information on what to do when you have a dental emergency, make an appointment with your dentist in Circle Pines at Birch Lake Dental. We will happily answer any of your questions and address any concerns you may have.