We are your local White Bear Township MN Dentist – we are happy to serve our community for over 20 years!
Our Qualified Dentists
We offer a number of general and specialized dentistry options to suit all ages and needs:
- Family & General Dentistry
- Cleanings & Prevention
- Dental Exams
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Periodontal Disease
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Invisalign® & Braces
- Dental Implants
- Professional Teeth Whitening
- Root Canal Therapy
- Healthy Smile Program
- Laser Dentistry
How Often Should I Brush and Floss?
Brushing and flossing help to control the plaque and bacteria that can cause tooth decay, gum disease and other dental issues.
Plaque is a sticky film of bacteria and food debris that sticks to your teeth. It is produced by bacteria in your mouth. The acids produced by these bacteria can cause tooth decay if not cleaned off regularly. If plaque is not removed, it may turn into calculus (tartar) over time. If plaque and calculus are not removed, they can destroy the gums and bone around your teeth, causing periodontal (gum) disease.
To prevent plaque from building up and causing gum disease, you need to brush, floss and use other dental aids regularly. If you visit your White Bear Township MN dentist regularly, they can help with teeth cleanings to help prevent too much plaque buildup. Your local dentist can also give you any recommendations on how to take care of your teeth. Here are some tips on how to take care of your teeth at home:
To keep your smile healthy and your breath fresh, brush your teeth twice a day with an ADA approved soft bristle brush and toothpaste.
- To brush your teeth use a circular motion to brush your teeth at a 45 degree angle, always feeling the bristles against your gums.
- Brush the outside, inside and biting surfaces of each tooth.
- Use the tip of the brush head to clean your front teeth.
- Brush your tongue to remove bacteria, freshen your breath and improve your oral health.
Toothbrushes with powered bristles can be useful when it comes to removing plaque. They are easy to use and allow you to brush your teeth more efficiently. Simply place the brush on your gums and teeth and allow it to do its job, several times over. Electric toothbrushes are recommended by your local White Bear Township MN dentist.
White Bear Lake MN Dentist
Daily flossing is a simple way to keep your teeth and gums healthy. By removing plaque from between your teeth and under the gumline, flossing can prevent damage to your gums and teeth, as well as reduce your risk of tooth decay and periodontal disease.
- Wrap about 12-16 inches (30-40cm) of dental floss around your middle fingers, leaving about 2 inches (5cm) of floss between the hands.
- Using your thumbs and forefingers, gently insert the floss between teeth by sawing it back and forth.
- To floss your teeth, take a length of floss and wrap it around one finger. Curve the floss into a “C” shape around each tooth and under the gumline. Gently move the floss up and down, cleaning the side of each tooth.
If you have difficulty using conventional floss, floss holders are a great alternative. Ask your White Bear Township MN dentist for help if you are having difficulty flossing and reaching the right spaces
After brushing your teeth and after meals, you should rinse your mouth with water. If you are using an over-the-counter product for rinsing, it’s a good idea to consult with your dentist or dental hygienist on its appropriateness for you. We can discuss with you the best types of products to use when rinsing your mouth.
White Bear Township MN dentist
4641 WHITE BEAR PARKWAY, WHITE BEAR LAKE, MN 55110